The Nuova Fiera di Roma is the biggest congress space/trade fair venue in Rome. It was inaugurated in 2006.
The Nuova Fiera is located outside the city borders, along the A91 Autostrada between Rome and Fiumicino. The railway station Fiera di Roma lies along the FR1 train route, which connects Leonardo Da Vinci Airport to Rome (but not to the main railway station Termini).
Before the Fiera di Roma became the Nuova Fiera di Roma it was first located in the EUR district and later, from 1955 until 2006, along the Via Cristoforo Colombo.
January 2014 Events in the Nuova Fiera di Roma
- January 5-6: RomaKids, Rome’s biggest indoor playground is open to the general public. Admission is 10 Euros, free for children below 3 years of age.
- January 16-20: Roma Sposa, a fair for bridal and ceremonial dresses and suits.
February 2014 Events in the Nuova Fiera di Roma
- February 8-10: Roma International Estetica: The international fair of beauty and well-being.
- February 12-16: Big Blu: It’s all about sailing and about the sea.
- February 12-16: Outdoors Experience, outdoor tourism and campers.
- February 12-16: SubInItaly, for those who’d like to be, under the sea…
- February 21-23: BiciLive, expo dedicated to the world of the bicycle.
- February 23-25: SaboSmart: This event is dedicated to being and living.
March 2014 Events in the Nuova Fiera di Roma
- February 26- March 2: World Fishing: It is the 6th edition, anything you need to go fishing, whether in sweet or salt water, whether above or below the water.
- March 6-9: Moto Days: Motorcycles, scooters, etc.
- March 19-20: SMAU Roma: Maybe not what the average tourist comes to Rome for, the “innovation and digital technology for businesses and public administration exposition”.
- March 22-30: CasaIdea: Furniture and Design exposition.
- March 23-26: Pa.Bo.Gel is an exposition about food. From bread to ice-cream to beer to pizza to pasta to wine, etc.